Do you feel although you’re starting to spot more and more signs your man is texting another woman?
It never feels good to spot little things that raise suspicion that our partners are hiding something.
We all want to hope we’re wrong.
If you’re concerned your man is texting another woman and hiding it from you, here are 11 of the most telling signs to look out for and what you should do:
- 11 Signs Your Man Is Texting Another Woman
- 1. You Find Out He Has a ‘Spare’ Phone
- 2. He Starts Keeping His Phone Away From You or Hiding It From View
- 3. He Becomes Secretive About Who He’s Texting
- 4. His Text Messages to You Are Shorter and Less Frequent Than Before
- 5. He Suddenly Has More Time for Himself and Less Time for You
- 6. He Starts Talking About Another Woman a Lot, Even if It’s Just in Passing
- 7. You Catch Him Staring at His Phone Longingly Like He’s Waiting for a Text
- 8. He Starts Making Excuses for Why He Can’t See You or Spend Time With You
- 9. He’s More Interested in His Appearance and Grooming Than Before
- 10. You Just Have a Gut Feeling That Something Is Going On
- 11. He Locks His Phone or Has Changed the Passcode
- What Should You Do if You Suspect Your Man Is Texting Another Woman?
11 Signs Your Man Is Texting Another Woman
1. You Find Out He Has a ‘Spare’ Phone
If you see a phone you’ve never seen before and find out he suddenly has a “spare” phone that he won’t let you near, then something is definitely up.
This is a major sign that he’s hiding something from you, and chances are it’s another woman.
2. He Starts Keeping His Phone Away From You or Hiding It From View
If he’s suddenly keeping his phone away from you or hiding it from view, then it’s likely because he doesn’t want you to see who he’s texting.
It would be nice to think it’s because he’s arranging a surprise for you! But unfortunately, it’s usually a red flag that he’s texting another woman.
3. He Becomes Secretive About Who He’s Texting
If your partner is being secretive about who he’s texting or talking to on the phone, then it means he doesn’t want you to know who he’s talking to.
He doesn’t have to explain his every move or text message, but he shouldn’t be hiding things from you. That would raise suspicion with anyone.
4. His Text Messages to You Are Shorter and Less Frequent Than Before
If your partner’s texts to you are becoming shorter and less frequent, it might mean he’s texting someone else more than he’s texting you.
It could also just be a sign that he’s losing interest in you, but if other red flags are present then it’s worth considering that he might be interested in someone else.
5. He Suddenly Has More Time for Himself and Less Time for You
If your partner is suddenly spending more time by himself and less time with you, it might be because he’s interested (and texting) another woman.
It could also just be a sign that he needs some space. Either way, the topic of why he’s spending more time alone needs to be brought up.
6. He Starts Talking About Another Woman a Lot, Even if It’s Just in Passing
If your partner starts talking about another woman a lot, even if it’s just in passing, this is often a subconscious action showing that she is on his mind.
If you can find evidence that he’s been texting this woman, there is cause for concern here that feelings are developing.
7. You Catch Him Staring at His Phone Longingly Like He’s Waiting for a Text
If you catch your partner staring at his phone longingly like he’s waiting for a text, it means he’s anxiously waiting to hear from someone.
You know it’s not you, as you’re with him. So, there’s a good chance that ‘someone’ is another woman if this is paired with any of the other signs on this list.
8. He Starts Making Excuses for Why He Can’t See You or Spend Time With You
If your partner starts making excuses for why he can’t see you or spend time with you, it’s either because he’s spending that time with someone else or losing interest in you.
This doesn’t have to be a physical relationship at this point. He might be spending his time communicating with someone else by text instead of seeing you.
9. He’s More Interested in His Appearance and Grooming Than Before
When a guy suddenly becomes more interested in his appearance and grooming than before, it’s usually because he’s trying to impress someone else.
While it’s always nice when our partners take an interest in their appearance, it can also be a sign that they’re doing it for someone other than you.
Related – Has your husband asked to wear your high heels? Read this!
10. You Just Have a Gut Feeling That Something Is Going On
You might not be able to put your finger on it, but if you just have a gut feeling that something is going on then trust your instincts.
There’s often a reason we get these feelings, even if we can’t quite figure out what it is. If other signs from this list are present, then you should at least talk to him about it.
11. He Locks His Phone or Has Changed the Passcode
This is a big one. If your partner locks his phone or has changed the passcode, it probably means he’s trying to hide something from you.
There’s no need to be secretive about our phones in a relationship, so this is definitely a cause for concern.
What Should You Do if You Suspect Your Man Is Texting Another Woman?
If you notice any of these signs, it’s very possible that your man is texting another woman behind your back.
Don’t do anything you’ll regret before knowing for sure, but trust your intuition and don’t be afraid to ask him about it.
If you’ve got it all wrong, it’s not that big of a deal.
As long as you don’t confront him in a controlling or aggressive way, you should both be able to laugh it off.
Communication is the key here, don’t be afraid to make yourself vulnerable and tell him why you worry about him texting other women.
One thing I do know, you’ll feel so much better for getting your concerns out in the open instead of bottling it all up!
Image credits – Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash