If you’re a flirt or you’re into someone, one of the best opportunities to flirt with them is responding to “thinking of you”.
If they’re thinking of you, it sounds like they’re trying to be a bit flirty, so this is your chance to escalate the conversation!
If you’re looking for a flirty response to ‘thinking of you’, here are 35 responses sure to make them smile!
25 Flirty Responses to ‘Thinking of You’
“That’s a strange coincidence, I was just thinking of you, too!”
“You’re always on my mind.”
“I’ve been meaning to tell you, I can’t stop thinking about you.”
“I’ve been thinking about you all day.”
“You’re the first thing I think about when I wake up.”
“I dreamt about you last night.”
“I wish you were here with me, then we wouldn’t have to think about it.”
“I can’t wait to see you again.”
“I miss you.”
“I’m counting down the days until I see you again.”
“I can’t wait to kiss you.”
“You’re my favorite thing to think about.”
“Thinking of you is my favorite pastime.”
“I can’t stop smiling when I think of you.”
“You make me so happy.”
“I’m so lucky that you think of me, it makes me smile.”
“Yeah? What do you think about when you think of me?”
“You’re always on my mind, especially when I’m trying to sleep!”
“I’m thinking of you, too, Bono Rocks!”
“Then why don’t you ask me when we can meet up?”
“That’s so sweet, why don’t you give me a call?”
“Well, I’m thinking about you now!”
“Tell me more…”
“I hope I’m not too distracting.”
“I bet you say that to all the girls.”
10 Funny Responses to ‘Thinking of You’
If you don’t want to flirt but you want to make the other person smile, here are some humorous replies you can use:
“Should I be worried?”
“Did you forget something?”
“I hope it’s not scaring you!”
“What did I do this time?”
“Did you send that message to the right person?.”
“I think about you sometimes, like when I’m on the toilet.”
“Is there really nothing more interesting going on for you?”
“I hope I’m not distracting you.”
“I feel sorry for you.”
“I’ll drink to that!”
Is Someone Flirting When They Say They’re Thinking of You?
If you’re not sure if someone is flirting with you when they say they’re thinking of you, here are some things to look for:
- How often do they say it? If they’re constantly thinking of you, it’s a good sign!
- What’s the context? If they say it after a date or an interaction, it’s likely they’re interested.
- Do they smile or laugh when they say it? This is usually a good sign that they’re joking around and being flirty.
- What is their body language like? If they’re leaning in, making eye contact, or touching you, these are all signs that they’re interested.
There is also a lot you can tell by how they respond to your reply, especially if you flirt in response.
If they flirt back or escalate the conversation, it’s a good sign that they’re thinking of you in a flirty way!
The best thing you can do is pay close attention to how they’re behaving, which only you’ll be able to do.
Should You Flirt Over Text Message?
Flirting is always fun and exciting, and for a lot of people, it’s easier to do it over text.
If you’re in a long-distance relationship or you can’t see each other often, flirting over text messages can be a great way to stay connected.
But even if you know the person and see them in person a lot, flirt texting is just as exciting and a way to stay connecting when you’re apart.
If you enjoy it and the person you’re texting is just as engaged, I say go for it!
Tips for Flirting Over Text
Flirting over text isn’t always easy. Without being able to see the person’s reactions, and with the possibility of context being mistaken, simple messages can easily be misinterpreted!
That said, here are a few tips that’ll help:
Start with a compliment: everybody loves to feel good about themselves, so start the conversation off on a positive note!
- Be playful: use emojis, jokes, memes, and puns to keep things light and fun.
- Be yourself: don’t try to be someone you’re not, just be the best version of yourself.
- Pay attention to their responses: if they’re not responding or seem uninterested, it’s probably not worth pursuing.
- Be flirty, but don’t overdo it: you want to come across as interested and attractive, not desperate or thirsty!
- Don’t be too ambiguous: flirting involves leaving something to the imagination, but if you’re too ambiguous or vague they might think you’re not interested!
As you can see, there is a fine line at times and it can be difficult conveying exactly how you feel over text – but it’s worth trying!
Image credits – Photo by Francisco Venâncio on Unsplash
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.