If you want to make your ex jealous and they follow you on Instagram, these 50+ Instagram captions to make your ex jealous are exactly what you’re looking for!
Take it from me, there are few things as effective as a well-written, perfectly placed caption on social media to make someone jealous!
Take a look through the following list and see how many you can sprinkle across your best Instagram content!
50+ Instagram Captions to Make Your Ex Jealous
- “New relationship goals!”
- “Taken! Sorry, not sorry.”
- “My new bae > your old bae.”
- “I don’t need you, I have Instagram.”
- “My life is better without you.”
- “I’m happy and you’re not.”
- “You were replacement level, I upgraded.”
- “I’m so glad I got rid of you!”
- “I’m having the time of my life and you’re not part of it.”
- “My new relationship is everything you weren’t.”
- “I found someone who actually loves me for me.”
- “We all deserve someone who loves us unconditionally, I’m glad I found mine.”
- “I’m grateful to be rid of toxicity and drama.”
- “I don’t need you to be happy, I can do that on my own.”
- “If you wanted me, you should have treated me better.”
- “I’m not perfect, but I deserve someone who loves me anyway.”
- “I’m worth so much more than you ever gave me.”
- “I hope you realize how good you had it before you lost me.”
- “It’s better to be single than to be with someone who doesn’t appreciate you.”
- “I’m not bitter, I’m just better without you.”
- “I’m so much happier without you!”
- “My life is so much better now that we’re not together.”
- “You were holding me back, now I’m moving on without you.”
- “We were never meant to be, I’m glad I realized that before it was too late.”
- “I deserve someone who loves me for who I am, not despite it.”
- “I’m so much better off without you!”
- “It’s time for me to move on, and I’m never looking back.”
- “I don’t need you anymore, Instagram is all the love and support I need!”
- “No longer taking applications for my heart!”
- “I dropped my baggage off, it feels so much lighter.”
- “I thought I knew what love was, how wrong I was.”
- “I made space in my life, now time to fill it with something or someone awesome!”
- “Oh, how I’ve missed the dating world.”
- “All we can do is learn from our mistakes, I know I have.”
- “If my past calls, I won’t even answer.”
- “All that pain, it just made me stronger.”
- “It’s true what they say, you need to love yourself first.”
- “My ex is a constant reminder of how much I needed to grow.”
- “I choose happiness from now on.”
- “I’m the best version of myself right now.”
- “I’m ashamed of what the old me was like.”
- “For anyone going through a tough time, take it from me – it gets better.”
- “I feel like I’ve started a new chapter in my life.”
- “Out shopping in preparation for a special someone tonight!”
- “I may be single, but I’ve literally never been so happy.”
- “No hard feelings, only positive feelings going forward.”
- “Be with someone who values you, ever settle for less.”
- “I wish you all the best – we made the best decision for us both.”
- “I’m checking off all the things I always wanted to do this year, keep following!”
- “I’m not scared about the future, I’m excited!”
Why Instagram Is Perfect for Making an Ex Jealous
Not only is Instagram a great way to share your own life and experiences with others, but it’s also the perfect platform for making an ex jealous.
When you post photos and captions that make it clear you’re doing just fine without them, they’ll be sure to see it.
And trust me, there’s nothing more satisfying than knowing you’re living your best life while your ex is stuck wallowing in their own misery.
Often, you will not even need to say anything or address them directly.
Simply seeing you with someone else or pictures of you being the happiest you’ve ever been will be enough.
They’ll get the message that you’re happier without them than you were with them, and they’ll even get the feeling that they were holding you back.
Related – Does your boyfriend spend too much time on Instagram? Read this!
The Silent Treatment Is Also Better Sometimes!
If you don’t want to be outright mean or make them feel bad, you can also take the more subtle route and simply give them the silent treatment.
This is where you don’t post anything about your ex at all, or if you do, it’s completely positive and doesn’t mention any of the negative aspects of your relationship.
You can also post things that make it clear you’ve moved on, such as photos of you with new friends or doing new things.
This is a great way to show them that you’re not sitting around moping and waiting for them to come back, but that you’re actively moving on with your life.
Sometimes saying nothing says more than words ever could.
If you’re not feeling comfortable about talking to your ex and posting captions and comments to them, no matter how hard it is, just simply say nothing at all.
I can almost guarantee that they’ll end up contacting you if they miss you, or you can be sure that they’re feeling bad about the situation.
Image credits – Photo by Daniel Korpai on Unsplash
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.