The dating game for a man in his 50s is very different from that of a guy in his 20s or 30s.
Older men are in a different stage in their lives.
They have experience behind them and often know what they want from a relationship and will be more direct.
If you’re wondering how to tell if a man over 50 likes you, here are 21 signs to look out for!
- How to Tell if a Man Over 50 Likes You – 21 Signs To Look For!
- 1. He’s Making an Effort to See You
- 2. He Offers to Help You Out
- 3. He Shows a Genuine Interest in You and How You Are
- 4. He’s Not Pressuring You
- 5. He’s Open About What He Wants From a Relationship
- 6. He’s Thoughtful and Compliments You
- 7. He’s Open and Honest When Speaking With You
- 8. He’s Willing to Go Out of His Comfort Zone for You
- 9. He’s Made Sure You’re Single and Ready to Mingle
- 10. His Body Language Is Always Positive
- 11. He Invites You to Meet His Family and Friends
- 12. He’s Patient and Understanding of Your Situation
- 13. He Uses Your Name When He Texts You
- 14. He Never Leaves You ‘On Read’ on Doesn’t Lead You On
- 15. You Can Tell He’s Protective of You
- 16. He Buys You Gifts
- 17. He Does Cute Things to Impress You
- 18. He Surprises You
- 19. He Takes an Interest in The Things You’re Interested In
- 20. You Can Tell He’s Happier when He’s with You
- 21. He’s Told You He Likes You!
How to Tell if a Man Over 50 Likes You – 21 Signs To Look For!
1. He’s Making an Effort to See You
Older men are often busier than younger guys and have less free time.
Or another way of looking at it is that they have more responsibilities, but they’re better at managing their time.
So if he’s making an effort to see you, it’s a good sign that he likes you.
2. He Offers to Help You Out
If he offers to help you with something, it’s a sign that he wants to be useful and he is trying to get closer to you.
It could be anything from something around your home to helping you move furniture.
Whatever it is, he’ll be happy to do it if he likes you.
3. He Shows a Genuine Interest in You and How You Are
This is something that often shows the difference between an attentive guy who knows what he wants and a guy who is not sure what he wants.
When a man is truly interested in you, he’ll want to know more about you as a person.
It’s more common for older guys to show genuine interest as they are more likely to know what they want (and they’ve learned better over the years).
4. He’s Not Pressuring You
Older guys are much less likely to pressure you into something, especially being physical.
They’re not hormonal 20-somethings and you would hope they’ve learned a lot about women over the years and matured.
So, if an older guy isn’t pressing you, don’t assume he’s not keen. Look for the other signs that he’s interested, as I’m sure he is.
5. He’s Open About What He Wants From a Relationship
An older guy is more likely to be open about what he wants from a relationship.
He’s not going to play games or mess around. He will have learned about what he what’s over the years and if he likes you, he’ll let you know.
Older guys are also less likely to want to just “date around” and are more likely to be looking for something serious.
6. He’s Thoughtful and Compliments You
A man who is interested in you will want to make you feel good.
Older guys tend to be more thoughtful and do things like complimenting you on your appearance or how well you did at something.
Older guys have had more practice at this and are often better at it than younger guys.
7. He’s Open and Honest When Speaking With You
Older men have had more experience in life and they usually know how to communicate better.
This means that they are often more open and honest when speaking with you.
They’re not as likely to play mind games or be manipulative and they’ll usually say what they mean.
This is a huge bonus, and most women end up wishing younger guys were able to be as honest and open – but it’s something that has to come from experience!
8. He’s Willing to Go Out of His Comfort Zone for You
For an older guy, stepping outside of his comfort zone is usually a much bigger deal than it is for a younger guy.
If he’s willing to do things that he doesn’t normally do or go out of his comfort zone for you, it is a strong sign that he likes you.
In fact, I’d go as far as to say that he likes you a lot!
9. He’s Made Sure You’re Single and Ready to Mingle
It might sound like an obvious or basic step, but if a guy is interested in you he’s going to find out that you’re available.
This is also something that older guys generally do differently from younger guys.
A guy in his 50s will be more deliberate about checking if a woman is single, whereas some younger guys might not care!
10. His Body Language Is Always Positive
Older guys tend to be more descriptive with their body language, which is a good thing as it gives you insight into what they’re thinking.
If you’re seeing positive body language cues, like eye contact, standing proud, smiling, etc, you can take these as a sign that you’re making them happy.
11. He Invites You to Meet His Family and Friends
Meeting a guy’s friends and family is always a big deal, and it’s even more of a big deal when a guy is older.
If he’s inviting you into his social circle it means that he likes you and is proud to show you off.
It’s a good sign!
12. He’s Patient and Understanding of Your Situation
If he’s been through a lot himself, he’s likely to be more patient and understanding of your situation.
This can be a big plus, especially if you’re going through something tough at the moment or have some previous experiences hanging over you.
13. He Uses Your Name When He Texts You
When a guy likes you he’ll want to make sure that you know it, and one of the ways he can do this is by using your name when he texts you.
It’s a small thing but it shows that he cares about you and wants to make sure that you feel valued.
14. He Never Leaves You ‘On Read’ on Doesn’t Lead You On
Older guys know how to treat a lady, and that includes not leaving you ‘on read’ or leading you on.
They understand that it’s not fair to string someone along, there are few things more frustrating than being left hanging.
15. You Can Tell He’s Protective of You
One of the signs that an older guy likes you is if he’s protective of you, it’s something most guys do instinctively.
It might manifest itself in different ways, but if he’s looking out for you you’ll definitely get the sense of it.
16. He Buys You Gifts
Older men are often more generous than younger men, and this is one of the ways that it manifests itself.
He might buy you gifts for no reason, or go out of his way to do something nice for you if he’s interested in working his way to your heart.
17. He Does Cute Things to Impress You
Cute things like opening doors for you, pulling out your chair, or offering you his jacket if you’re cold are always welcome, right?
Without stereotyping too hard, these kinds of things are lost on the younger generation. It’s something to enjoy about dating an older guy.
18. He Surprises You
We all like surprises, right? As long as they’re good surprises, of course.
If he’s surprising you with gifts, notes, or just general thoughtfulness then it’s a good sign that he likes you.
19. He Takes an Interest in The Things You’re Interested In
It’s always nice when someone takes an interest in the things that you’re interested in, and it’s no different when you’re dating an older guy.
It shows that he cares about you and is willing to make an effort to understand the things that are important to you.
20. You Can Tell He’s Happier when He’s with You
One of the most obvious signs that an older guy likes you is if he’s happier when he’s with you.
He might not be a big smiler, but you’ll definitely get the sense that he’s enjoying your company if he likes you.
21. He’s Told You He Likes You!
This is an obvious one, but it’s surprising how often someone caught up in the moment doesn’t see or hear when someone is telling them they like them.
Sure, it might not be as obvious as, “Hey, I like you” but I bet it’s very obvious more often than not but you’re just not paying attention.
That’s why I hope this list of 21 signs that help decode how to tell if a man over 50 likes you helps you get clarity on what a guy you’re interested in really thinks of you!
Image credits – Photo by Jenean Newcomb on Unsplash