Looking for funny responses to everyday questions? I don’t blame you, I’ve had it up to my neck with annoying, repetitive, shallow everyday questions – and I often respond with something funny, silly, or sarcastic to make it known.
There is nothing wrong with responding with a funny or witty remark if you’re getting annoyed with repetitive questions.
If someone is going to ask you the same old everyday questions, I don’t think I’m being unreasonable when I say they’re probably just going through the motions and not really interested in your answer.
Firing back with something a little funny or witty will make them take notice!
Here are some funny, witty, snarky, smart, and sarcastic responses to some of those annoying everyday questions it’s hard to avoid:
Some Funny Responses to Everyday Questions
I couldn’t possibly cover all of the annoying everyday questions that are probably chipping away at you, but here are some of the most popular:
Funny Responses to ”What’s Up?”
- My blood pressure – this is an all-time classic, not the best but had to be said.
- Not my mood, that’s for sure.
- Sure isn’t my pay, I’m still pretty broke.
- The price of gas?
- Does anyone ever say anything interesting when you ask them that?
- Yep, that’s about it – just a confusing answer.
- Not me, I’m pretty depressed but thanks for asking.
- My cholesterol levels.
- How long have you got?
- Do you really care? Like are you asking because you really wanna hear “what’s up?”
- Up is that way (point to the sky).
- The opposite of down.
- My anxiety levels now you’re here.
Related – 26+ Funny Responses to Being Asked on a Date (Replying Yes or No)
Funny Responses to ”What Are You Doing?”
- What does it look like I’m doing?
- I was hoping you would be able to tell me that.
- Trying to remember the name of that weird person you remind me of.
- Maybe you can Google it.
- Just standing here waiting for stupid questions I guess.
- Same thing you’re doing, talking to you now.
- Well, I was trying to be invisible but I guess that didn’t work.
- Just trying to get some alone time here.
- Plotting how I’m going to take over the world.
- Nothing that you probably can’t figure out if you tried.
- Why, what have you heard about me?
- Trying to understand the meaning of life – or the universe at least.
- What are you doing?
Funny Responses to ”How Are You?”
- A little bit worse now that you’ve asked.
- Better than you by the looks of things.
- Well, seeing as you care, how long do you have?
- My lawyer told me not to answer that question.
- I plead the fifth.
- I can’t complain, not that anyone listens anyway.
- Average, I think, that sounds about right.
- Why don’t you tell me, you seem to have a pretty good view from there.
- Keep asking and maybe one day you’ll get a sensible answer.
- I’m still trying to figure out an answer to that question if I’m honest.
- Depends on what I compare myself to.
- What do you say when people ask you that?
- How dare you assume such a thing – just a confusing remark.
- Just fine and dandy.
Funny Responses to ”How Was Your Day?”
- Too early to say, it hasn’t finished yet.
- You go first, let’s see if mine was better or worse.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, I’d say somewhere between 1 and 10.
- My day was fine, it was everything else that was the problem.
- Depends who you ask, if you ask me, it was fine.
- Could have been worse, right. It could always have been worse.
- Well, I’m hoping it’s going to get a lot better, I can’t lie.
- I’ve had worse. But I’ve also had better. So, how does ‘average’ sound?
- I’m still waking up, ask me later.
- I’ll get back to you tomorrow when the results are in.
- If it’s better than yours I’ll chalk it up as a win.
Related – 29+ Funny Responses to Compliments
Funny Responses to ”Have a Good Day”
- I always try.
- Don’t tell me what to do, thanks.
- I might do. But I might not, too.
- Too late, my day is already ruined!
- I don’t tell you how to live your life, don’t tell me how to live mine thanks.
- Are you going to help me have a good day?
- Why wouldn’t I?
- I will, without you.
- Are you trying to be cute?
- Well, I have to go to work so I’ll try and make the best of it.
- Check-in later and we’ll find out if I did or not.
Why Give a Funny Response to an Everyday Question?
Everyone has a different sense of humor. Some people are going to find your witty responses funny, and some people aren’t.
Is this your problem?
No, not really. But it does help if you ‘know your audience’ when responding to someone. You’re not going to use the same response to your dad as you would your best friend, right?
I guess what I’m trying to say is, pick your response carefully based on who you’re talking to.
But if you’re getting fed up with always being asked the same questions, you shouldn’t feel bad about giving a funny or witty reply.
Otherwise, how are people going to get the message that you don’t want to keep answering the same questions with the same half-hearted answers?
On the plus side, a little humor injected into someone’s day can have a positive impact on their otherwise average day!
Good luck – feel free to drop me a comment below if you have any funny responses I should add to the list, and do let me know if you get any memorable responses back.
Want to equip yourself with more responses? Check out:
- 31+ Good Comebacks to Use in an Argument With a Girl!
- 28 Good Comebacks for Jerks That Work!
- 5 Ways To Deal With Aggressive Vegans
Image credits – Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.
1 thought on “65+ Funny Responses to Everyday Questions!”
Funny give back answer for who are your ex boyfriends?