If you want to impress your crush, you need to know how to text your crush without being boring!
If you’re asking “WYD” or saying “Sup” and getting stuck with dry answers, they’re going to think you’re not interested or interesting.
The good news is that I’ve got your back!
Here are loads of examples you can use and some tips to make sure you’re not a boring texter!
How to Text Your Crush Without Being Boring – 5 Tips!
1. Use Plenty of Humor
Everyone loves humor, and even if you don’t think you’re funny I bet you are.
Texting also gives you the luxury of being able to take your time to think of something funny, so no excuses!
Your crush will definitely appreciate your funny side and it’ll make you more memorable.
Plus, humor is a great way to break the ice and start a conversation and is certainly not boring!
Related – Want to know what a crush feels like for a guy? Read this!
2. Ask Open-Ended Questions
Asking open-ended questions is a great way to keep a conversation going and not let a conversation fizzle out.
By asking questions that require more than a yes or no answer, you’re giving your crush the opportunity to really share something about themselves with you.
It also shows that you’re interested in getting to know them better, which is always a good thing.
So next time you’re texting your crush, try asking them about their day, what they’re up to, or anything to do with what they’re like.
3. Use Memes, Emojis, and Other Cool Stuff
If you want to text your crush without being boring, then you need to use some of the trendy and ‘cool’ texting features all the kids use these days!
That means embracing memes, emojis, gifs, stickers, and anything other than just plain old text.
Even if you think this isn’t totally appropriate for your crush, a few emojis and a funny meme is always going to go down well, I can guarantee it.
Plus, it’s completely true what people say, “a picture is worth a thousand words”, it really is.
4. Don’t Be a Dry Texter
Dry texting is when you use short, disinterested, non-engaging replies or questions when texting someone.
It’s the epitome of being a boring texter, so you should always put some thought into your replies if you don’t want to be boring.
Add a bit of life to your texts by replying with more than just one or two words, and make sure you use some exclamation marks!!!
5. Be Yourself!
This is probably the most important tip of all when it comes to texting your crush without being boring.
If you try and be someone you’re not, they’re going to see right through it and it’ll be super obvious.
Even if you think you’re not interesting, it doesn’t matter. Your crush will want to get to know the real you, that’s what is exciting to them.
Just relax, be yourself, and go with the flow and I’m sure you’ll have no problem avoiding being a boring texter.
30 Things to Text Your Crush That Are Not Boring!
Now that you know how to text your crush without being boring, here are some examples of things you can say to help you get started!
- How’s your day going? I’d love to hear about it!
- Did anything funny happen to you today?
- I just saw the funniest meme so I thought I would share it with you!
- Tell me something that excites you, I’ll go after!
- Do you have any exciting plans for this weekend?
- I’m thinking of going to [insert place] this weekend, would you like to come with me?
- Argh, any tips for dealing with an annoying, overbearing boss?
- I’m so bored, what should I do today?
- Do you want to come over and watch a movie tonight?
- So, what do you look for in a partner? I’m just asking for a friend!
- You must have figured out I have a crush on someone, do you know who it is?
- Man, I’m having some really weird dreams lately!
- I’m thinking about going vegan, would it change your opinion of me?
- How surprised would you be if I told you I was on the way to your house right now?
- Do you like true crime shows? I can’t get enough of them right now.
- What’s your favorite meal? I’m going to see if I can make it.
- What kinds of things really make you laugh hard?
- Where is your favorite place in the world that you’ve been to?
- What are your dreams and goals?
- What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told that got you into trouble?
- What does your ideal future look like?
- Who has had the biggest impact on your life and helped to shape you?
- What is the single best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- Do you have any funny YouTube videos to share? I need a good laugh.
- What is the weirdest text you’ve ever received? Or sent!
- Tell me the worst joke you’ve ever heard, I’ll tell you if I laugh – honest!
- If you were to win the lottery what would be the first thing you’d buy?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done in recent memory?
- Would you rather have robotic legs or arms?
- Which bad habits people have really grind on you?
There you go, 30 questions and other interesting things to text your crush that will get the conversation going and raise their interest in you!
If you have any suggestions to add I’d love to hear about them, please drop me a comment below, thanks!
Image credits – Photo by Creative Christians on Unsplash