Wondering how to respond when someone calls you a “snack”?
The word “snack” is a relatively new slang word that’s used by teenagers (and some slightly older than teens) to tell someone they fancy them, or they look good, etc.
It’s a compliment, not a bad thing. Let me make that 100% clear.
How you respond to being called a snack depends on who’s saying it to you, and how you feel about them.
Here are some scenarios and responses you should use next time you’re called a snack:
How to Respond When Someone Calls You a Snack (20 Examples)
If you fancy the guy calling you a snack and want to progress from his flirting, you can try responding with:
- “Thanks, you look pretty hot yourself, actually.”
- “I was wondering if you were going to notice.”
- “So, you fancy what you see? That’s what I’m hearing.”
- “Good enough to snack on?”
- “I was going to say the same to you, actually.”
- “If you really think that, what are you going to do next?”
- “I know I am, so how about you hurry up and take me out before someone else does?”
- “Is that your way of saying you want to take me out?”
- “I’m not even making an effort right now, you must really like me.”
- “A tasty snack? Or just a regular snack?”
If the guy calling you a snack is just a friend and that’s who you want it to stay, you can respond:
- “Thanks, I do try my best.”
- “Appreciate you saying that, I’m always trying to impress.”
- “If you’re looking for a snack I can see if I have any available friends.”
- “You’re so cute, and such a good friend.”
- “Do you say that to all your friends?”
- “Well, I’ve not been called that before, but I’ll take it.”
- “Are you trying to flirt with me or just make me feel better?”
- “Aww, thanks, it’s good for morale having you around.”
- “Are you practicing flirting with me for when you need it?”
- “Hopefully someone I’ve had my eye on will notice, too!”
Related – How to respond to “WYD” texts.
What Does It Mean When Someone Calls You Snack?
The Urban Dictionary defines the word snack as meaning:
someone who looks good at the moment.
Interestingly, Dictionary.com has snack listed under its slang section and spells it as “snacc” or “snak”.
The definition of snacc in the dictionary is:
a snacc is internet slang for an extremely attractive person.
So, essentially the main dictionary has the same definition as the urban dictionary.
Personally, I’ve never seen snack written as snacc, but I’m sure some people will spell it as that when using snack in text speak.
To give you some examples, in conversation, the word would be used like; “Look at her, she’s a real snack”.
Or, “Wow, check her out – what a snack.”
You can use snack to describe either a guy or a girl, but it’s certainly more popularly used by guys to describe girls they fancy.
Does It Mean He Likes You if He Calls You a Snack?
If a guy (or a girl) calls you a “snack”, it almost certainly means they like you.
The word snack is used to describe someone who is attractive, fine…etc, – you can use it in place of whatever words you use to call someone hot.
To know just how much the guy calling you a snack likes you, you need to read his general body language.
He might be the kind of guy who throws flirty words around a lot, or, he might be a close friend just trying to make you feel better if you’ve been down.
But if it’s from a guy who has been flirting with you or making it obvious (or not so obvious) that he likes you, he’s definitely flirting, and he’s definitely telling you he likes you.
As with any flirting, it’s up to you where it goes from this point.
A guy has let you know that he likes you by calling you a snack. If you like him and want to get to know him better, pick one of the flirty responses above.
Is Being Called a Snack a Compliment?
Yes, being called a snack can be used as a compliment.
The word snack is basically slang for hot, fit, attractive, foxy, fine, and all those other – sometimes corny – words guys use to describe girls they fancy.
So, typically it’s a bit more than a compliment, as snack means often means a guy finds a woman attractive.
But being told you’re attractive is a compliment, right?
It’s how to respond to being called a snack or how you interpret being called a snack that can make it either a compliment or a flirty remark.
Can You Call a Guy a Snack?
The word snack is mostly used by guys when they’re talking about girls – but the same can be said for most flirty words and slang, right?
Of course, you can use snack to flirt with a guy if you’re a girl.
In fact, it’s a great way to get their attention. Guys like it when girls use the same slang as they do, it’s sure to get a good reaction.
So, whether you’re a guy or a girl, you’re the one being called a snack or calling someone else one – you now know exactly what snack means, and how to respond to it!
Image credits – Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash