We’ve all had butterflies in our stomachs over someone we like.
It’s different for everyone, but I’m sure you’ll agree that butterflies feel like a mix of pleasure, excitement, and intense anxiety!
One thing I do know is that if you have butterflies for someone it means you like them – a lot.
So, if you can give a girl butterflies it’s going to make her want you, desire you.
If you want to try it, here are 20+ ways you can give a girl butterflies and make her want you more:
How to Give a Girl Butterflies – 20 Things You Can Try
- Compliment her – saying super cute, thoughtful, and interesting things can cause a girl to have butterflies. Just don’t be too cheesy!
- Get close to her – if she already likes you but you haven’t gotten close yet, slowly move in close to her when you’re talking or hanging out.
- Be protective of her – if you can show a girl that you’re willing to stand up for her, protect her, and defend her – this chivalrous will get her heart fluttering.
- Be a good listener – being a good listener is an attractive trait in a man, especially if she’s the type of woman that has a lot to say!
- Find things in common – there are few things more exciting when you like someone then finding out they are into some of the same things as you are.
- Make her laugh – this is easier said than done for some guys. If you want to win her over, however, and give her butterflies when she sees you, it’s time to get silly and make her laugh.
- Give her your undivided attention when she’s talking to you – this is a big one and you can also use flirty body language like looking into her eyes and smiling as you listen.
- Be chivalrous – open doors for her, pull out chairs, offer your jacket if she’s cold, go out of your way to be the perfect gentleman, and treat her like a princess.
- Be spontaneous – girls love it when a guy is spontaneous and willing to do things on short notice and go out of their comfort zones.
- Be confident – this is easier said than done if you’re shy or lacking in confidence, but it can certainly be worked on.
- Flirt with her – if a girl likes you and you flirt with her it’s going to arouse all kinds of feelings of excitement, butterflies, and so on.
- Wink at her – as cheesy as winking is, it’s still a visual body language cue that you link someone.
- Text her cute things – you might not be there to see her reaction, but texting is how most communication happens nowadays and is just as likely to give a girl butterflies as speaking in person.
- Tell her how you feel about her – this direct approach is always tough, and you risk being rejected, but if she likes you as you think she does it’s sure to give her butterflies.
- Get your friends to tell her you like her – if you don’t want to – or can’t – tell her yourself, get your friends to tell her that you like her, a lot.
- Surprise her – everyone likes surprises, if you do something that’ll surprise her (in a good way) I’m sure it’ll get her fluttering.
- Find a way to be alone with her – it’s one thing liking someone among a group of friends, but it’s another being along with them – that’s what gets those butterflies going.
- Ask her out – if you like a girl, at some point you’re going to have to ask her out. That’s where the anxious butterflies kick in, for you and her!
- Tell her how special she is – similar to telling a girl how you feel, simply telling her how special she is will stir up some special feelings.
- Tell her you love her perfume – this is a way of complimenting a girl you like, while also letting her know you’ve been getting close enough to smell her.
Do guys get the same butterflies as girls?
Can you tell if a guy is nervous on a first date?
When should you ask for a second date?
Why Should You Give a Girl Butterflies?
If you give a girl butterflies it’s a sure way to know that she likes you.
More than that, it’s a sign that her body has a psychological reaction around you which is so much more powerful than simply thinking or saying she likes you.
It’s not always something you can do directly, but when it does happen indirectly as a result of any of the points above, it says more than words.
How Can You Tell if A Girl Has Butterflies Around You?
If a girl has butterflies around you, she’s going to be more nervous and shy than usual or she is around others.
Her palms may sweat, her voice might shake, and she might have trouble making good eye contact.
All of these are signs that she’s not just attracted to you, but that she has butterflies in her stomach too.
It’s not always easy to tell, as I’m sure whenever you’ve had butterflies yourself you’ve tried to compose yourself!
But if you pay attention, I’m sure you’ll be able to see that she’s a little anxious or more reserved around you, especially when you’re talking to her directly.
Image credits – Photo by Jonathan Borba on Unsplash
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.