Wondering how to respond when someone calls you an angel?
Being called an ‘angel’ is flattering, it’s definitely a term of endearment.
But does it mean that person likes you? Even fancies you?
In this article, I’m going to explain what it means when someone calls you an angel and how should you respond to them:
How to Respond When Someone Calls You an ‘Angel’
When someone calls you an angel, it’s definitely a term of endearment.
It could mean that the person sees qualities in you that they admire and respect. It could also mean that the person sees you as a guardian or protector.
So, how should you respond when someone calls you an angel?
Here are a few ideas:
1. Thank them for their kind words and tell them that you’re flattered;
You could say, “Thanks, that’s such a nice thing for you to say.”
2. Tell them that you’re honored to be called an angel and that you will always try to live up to their expectations;
You could say, “Wow, that’s quite the honor, I hope I can always be seen as an angel in your eyes.”
3. Ask the person what it is about you that makes them consider you an angel;
You could say, “I appreciate you calling me an angel, what makes you say that though?”
4. If it feels a bit much, tell the person there is no need and that you’re just doing what feels right;
You could say, “That means a lot to me that you’d say that, but I’m just doing what anyone would to help you out.”
5. If you think they are being a bit flirty and could try and gauge exactly what they mean;
You could say, “Thanks, but I bet you say that to all the guys, right?”
Whatever you do, don’t be offended if someone calls you an angel. Remember, it’s a term of endearment and is meant to be complimentary.
So, take the compliment and enjoy the moment!
What Does It Mean When Someone Calls You ‘My Angel’?
In some cases, a person might call you their angel.
This could mean that the person sees you as a divine being or someone who is close to them spiritually.
It could also mean that the person sees you as a guardian or protector.
If you look up the word ‘angel’ in the dictionary, an angel is defined as:
spiritual beings that some people believe are God’s servants in heaven.
Some people believe that angels have been sent down to protect and look over them – and they often see them manifested in people around them.
If you’ve done something special for someone, they may see you as an angel – either figuratively or literally.
Again, it’s a compliment, just as being referred to as an angel. It holds a little higher esteem though if someone sees you as ‘their’ angel.
Is Someone Flirting When They Call You an ‘Angel’?
In some cases, a person might call you their angel as a way of flirting with you.
They might see you as someone who is divine and special – and they may want to get to know you better.
If someone calls you an angel in a flirty way, it’s best to ask them what they mean exactly.
You could say, “Thanks, but I bet you say that to all the girls/guys, right?”
It’s best not to jump to conclusions though, as ‘angel’ isn’t a word people typically use when flirting – but you never know.
Look for some other subtle (or not so subtle) signs that the person likes you, such as:
- They might make more eye contact with you when they talk;
- They might tilt their head when they look at you;
- They might smile a lot around you;
- Their voice may change when they talk to you (it may get softer or sweeter);
- They find reasons to be around you or see you;
- They make physical contact, such as reaching out and touching you in a friendly way;
If the person is flirting with you, these are all good signs to look out for.
Enjoy the attention and take things from there!
What Do You Say When Someone Calls You an Angel?
So, what do you say when someone calls you an angel or says that you’re their guardian angel?
I’d love to hear what responses people in the community have used, and how well they went down.
Feel free to leave a comment below, thanks!
Image credits – Photo by Sam Balye on Unsplash