If your guy is messing you around or causing you problems, you’re within your rights to make him feel guilty about it.
Who knows, it might even be the wake-up call he needs to change his behavior and respect you a little more.
One of the best ways to make a guy feel guilty is by sending him a carefully worded text.
Here is how to make him feel guilty through text with loads of example texts you can send him:
How to Make Him Feel Guilty Through Text
Texting Him About Something Important that He’s Forgotten or Neglected
- “I can’t believe you forgot my birthday! I thought you cared about me.”
- “You’ve forgotten again, haven’t you? I’m so disappointed right now.”
- “I can’t believe it wasn’t important enough to you to at least remember it was our anniversary.”
- “Are you so wrapped up with your own needs that you forgot it was [name] birthday?”
- “I hope whatever you were doing was important, [name] was really let down you didn’t remember to call them.”
- “I wish you’d think about others sometimes and not just put yourself first all the time.”
Making Him Feel Guilty for Neglecting Your Needs
- “I’ve been feeling really low lately and I could really use some support from you.”
- “I know I’ve been a bit distant recently, but I really need you right now and it feels like you’re just pushing me away.”
- “It feels like you’re never there for me when I need you.”
- “I feel like I’m always the one supporting you, and I need some support too sometimes.”
- “I know you’re busy, but I feel like I’m always the one reaching out to you and putting in the effort.”
- “I know things have been tough for you recently, but that doesn’t mean you can just ignore me and assume I’ll be there waiting.”
Making Him Feel Guilty for Cheating or Lying
- “I can’t believe you would do this to me, I don’t know how I’m ever going to be able to forgive you.”
- “I thought I meant more to you than that, I’ve never been so hurt and betrayed in my life.”
- “How could you lie to me like that? I thought you would at least respect me enough not to lie to my face.”
- “I can’t trust you anymore.”
- “I feel like I don’t even know who you are. I didn’t think it was possible for you to cheat on me and treat me like that.”
- “I can’t believe I was so stupid to think I could trust you, I feel like such an idiot for believing you.”
Point out When He’s Let You Down
- “I was really counting on you to be there for me and you just weren’t.”
- “I needed you and you just let me down, how can I ever trust you or rely on you again?”
- “You always say you’re going to be there for me but when it comes down to it, you’re never there.”
- “It really hurt me when you didn’t come through for me like I thought you would.”
- “I feel like I can’t rely on you to be there for me when I need you and that makes me feel so sad and lonely.”
- “I thought I could trust you but it turns out I can’t.”
Make Him Feel Guilty for His Bad Behavior
- “I don’t deserve to be treated like this, especially by you.”
- “I thought you were better than this, it’s clear that you don’t love or respect me as much as you say.”
- “I can’t believe you would do/say something like that, it’s really hurtful and disrespectful.”
- “That was really uncalled for and I’m not going to just let you get away with it.”
- “Why are you being like this? I don’t deserve to be treated this way.”
- “I thought you loved me, but if this is how you treat me then I don’t think I want to be with you any longer.”
Text Him About how His Actions Make You Feel
- “I feel so disrespected and unimportant to you.”
- “I feel like I’m not good enough for you or that I don’t mean anything to you.”
- “Your words and actions make me feel so worthless and unloved, I think I need some time alone to think about this.”
- “It makes me feel like you don’t care about me or my feelings at all.”
- “It makes me feel like I’m invisible to you or that I don’t exist.”
- “I feel so alone and lost when you act like this.”
Hopefully, after receiving one of these guilt-inducing texts, your guy will realize how his actions are affecting you and he’ll start to make some changes.
If not, then at least you know you’ve done everything you can to communicate your needs to him.
And if he still doesn’t listen, then maybe it’s time to move on as he clearly doesn’t value and respect you as he should!
How have you made your guy feel guilty in the past? Let us know in the comments below!
Image credits – Photo by Ladislav Stercell on Unsplash
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.