Telling someone you care about that you’re proud of their accomplishments is important and can mean the world to them.
By acknowledging something they’ve done, you’re validating their efforts, letting them know it’s noticed, and you’ll make them feel special.
The impact just a few choice words can have is huge!
Here are 25+ ways how to tell someone you’re proud of their accomplishments and why it’s so important to do so:
25+ Ways How To Tell Someone You’re Proud of Their Accomplishments
- “You did it, well done!” This simple phrase can go a long way. Sometimes all someone needs to hear is that you’re proud of them and think they did a great job.
- “What you’ve done is nothing short of amazing!” This is another super simple way to show your pride in someone’s accomplishments.
- “I’m so proud of what you’ve achieved!” This phrase communicates both pride and admiration.
- “You should be so proud of yourself!” This is a great way to encourage someone to feel good about their accomplishments.
- “Your hard work has paid off!” This phrase is great for someone who’s put in a lot of effort and finally achieved something they deserved.
- “I’m in awe of how much you’ve achieved.” This is a great way to show admiration for someone’s accomplishments.
- “You’ve come so far, I’m so proud!” This phrase is perfect for someone who’s made progress in their journey and you want to show your support.
- “I knew you could do it, you’ve made me so proud!” This phrase is perfect for someone who’s achieved something special and you want to remind them that you never doubled them.
- “I know it wasn’t always easy, but I knew you’d do it – I’m so proud!” This is a great way to let them know you know how hard it was and admire them for pushing through.
- “Your achievements are an inspiration to us all!” This phrase is perfect for someone who’s done something that’s motivated or inspired others.
- “You’re an inspiration!” This is a simple way to show admiration and respect for someone’s accomplishments and let them know what a good example they are to others.
- “Your achievements are a testament to your hard work and dedication!” This phrase shows someone how much you admire their work ethic and what they were able to achieve because of it.
- “I’m so proud of you and you’re an inspiration to me.” Saying this will let them know that they inspire you personally, which can be really moving for someone close to you.
- “What a great example of talent and hard work, I knew you’d get it done!” This phrase is perfect for someone who’s achieved something difficult that they’ve worked really hard for.
- “I’m speechless as to how you got so much done, super proud right now!” If you’re really at a loss for words, this phrase communicates just how proud you are of their accomplishments (because you’re not that speechless!).
- “You never fail to impress me, I’m proud of what you’ve made happen.” These words are perfect for someone who always seems to achieve great things or surpass expectations.
- “You’re a superstar!” This is a simple and fun way to show your pride in someone’s accomplishments.
- “Just when I think I couldn’t be any more proud you go and achieve something like this!” This is a great way to show that you’re always proud of them, but especially so right now.
- “You make me so proud to be your [friend, parent, sibling, etc.].” This phrase is perfect for someone close to you who’s made you proud with their accomplishments.
- “Well done, I couldn’t be any more impressed and proud than I am right now!” This is a great way to show that you’re really blown away by what they’ve achieved.
- “You make our family/team/company proud!” If you’re congratulating someone on behalf of others, this is a good way to let them know how proud you all are.
- “I’m so proud of what you’ve accomplished, you should also feel proud of yourself right now.” Why not tell them that they should be feeling proud of themselves, too!
- “I hope you take a moment to pat yourself on the back, you’ve done an awesome job.” Nothing wrong with patting oneself on the back, after all, they put all the hard work in.
- “I never doubted you’d achieve this, congratulations, you deserve it.” A nice reminder that you always believed in them and a way to say you’re proud without being too direct.
- “I’m so proud of what you’ve achieved, the sky’s the limit too!” This will let them know you’re proud of them and know that they can carry on achieving whatever they want in the future.
Why It’s Important to Tell Someone You’re Proud of Them
Telling someone you’re proud of their accomplishments is important for so many reasons.
It’s a way to show your support, admiration, and respect for what they’ve done and them as a person.
Just hearing those words can mean the world to them as they may have been wanting to make you proud of them.
So next time you’re proud of someone close to you, make sure to let them know!
Even if you think they know that you’re proud, it makes a world of difference to actually hear it said, so never be shy to tell someone how proud you are.
How It Feels When Someone Hears You’re Proud of Their Accomplishments
When someone hears that you’re proud of their accomplishments, it will make them feel really good about themselves.
It’s a validation of their efforts, which they may or may not be seeking from you, but it’s much more than that.
It’s just going to make them feel valued and special, and that’s something that can’t be replicated in any other way.
Even if it’s something that looks or feels small to you, you should always let someone know you’re proud of them.
The more you can open up about how you really feel, the better.
Image credits – Photo by Joan Kwamboka on Unsplash
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.