Are you a worrier? I am, so I know how it feels to be weighed down by worry, anxiety, and overthinking things to the point where it’s stopping me from functioning properly.
I’ve used a few techniques over the years that have made a huge difference though. One technique being reciting affirmations to let go of worry.
I’m a huge advocate of using affirmations. At least in combination with other self-improvement techniques, if not alone.
Here are some of the best affirmations to help you let go of worry, stress, and anxiety – I hope you find the perfect ones for you!
Affirmations to Let Go of Worry
- I am able to let go of worry.
- I am in control of my mind and will become focused and worry-free.
- I am at total peace within myself.
- I can let go of worry now and come back to it later.
- I know that worrying is not helping to improve the outcome.
- I am confident about the future.
- I know I am doing everything right to improve my future.
- I am able to overcome anything in my life.
- I don’t need to worry about things I can’t control.
- I am able to release negative energy and let go of worry.
- I will not be held back by worry and negative thoughts.
- It’s ok not to worry about things.
Related – Affirmations to help you let go of someone.
Affirmations to Stop Worrying About Money
If it’s your financial situation that’s causing your worry, here are some affirmations targeting money, in particular:
- I am grateful for everything I have.
- I know I will find financial stability in the future.
- I will not worry about money and know that it doesn’t help by doing so.
- I am doing all the right things to attract money into my life.
- I naturally attract wealth and prosperity.
- I have all the skills and tools to make more money.
- I know my worth is high.
- Wealth is always flowing into my life.
- Money comes easily to me.
- I am able to accept and handle large amounts of money.
Affirmations to Help With Anxiety
Worry and anxiety are often closely related. Here are some of the most effective affirmations to help with anxiety:
- I am able to let go of anxiety and worry.
- I have nothing to be anxious about.
- I am always improving as a person and have a bright future.
- I have the power to make all the necessary changes I need in my life.
- I am willing to let go of stress and anxiety, worry, and other negative emotions.
- I know everything is going to improve from this day onwards.
- I have the power to beat anxiety and let go of negative thoughts.
- I am grateful for everything I have and know my life is good.
- Today is a great day, and tomorrow will be even better.
- I am confident and have nothing to be anxious about.
- I know things always turn out for the best in the end.
How to Deal With Worry: 4 Methods and Tips
Affirmations can be incredibly powerful. Sometimes, however, you need to use some other techniques. Maybe another technique works for you right now, it’s worth trying.
Here are some additional tips and techniques to help you deal with worry:
Challenge the Things You’re Worrying About
For some people, the only way to really put worry to one side is to challenge what it is they’re worried about.
Affirmations are great at helping change the way we think, both consciously and subconsciously, but it can also help to challenge the root cause of worry.
Try asking yourself:
- Why am I worried about [insert reason]?
- How is worrying about it going to help?
- What is the worst-case scenario I’m worried about?
- How can I do something to stop the worse outcome happening?
Sometimes, simply answering these questions will put everything into a more manageable perspective. Combined with positive affirmations and other techniques, you’ll find it easier to let go of that worry.
Figure Out If There Is a Solution
This sounds obvious, but a lot of people are worrying about things they can actually do something about.
If the cause of the worry is solvable, you need to take action. Taking action might seem more painful than dealing with the worry, but for the sake of your mental health, it’s better you do something.
Talk About Your Worries With Someone
Talking about worries and problems is incredibly powerful and therapeutic. I’ve lost count of the number of people I’ve worked with that were able to let go of all their worries after just talking openly about it just once.
Ideally, you’ll have a friend or family member you know will listen and understand. If not, don’t be afraid to reach out to a professional.
There should be charities and other support groups you can reach out to depending on where you live as the first point of contact.
Related – Check out these self esteem activities.
If you’re facing tough times and can’t stop worrying about things in your life, my thoughts go out to you.
I’ve been there. Honestly, I understand and know how you feel. Please start using affirmations if you aren’t already, it made a huge difference to my life and I’d love to hear they did the same for you.
Image credits – Photo by Ben White on Unsplash