In this article, I’ve put together a list of affirmations for letting go of someone.
I’ve done this because I know how hard it is to let go of someone special, trust me I do.
Using affirmations have helped me let go and move forward more than once. They’ve helped me realize that I was strong enough to move forward – and allowed wonderful, new people into my life.
Whatever situation you’re dealing with in your life, whether it’s letting go of a special friend, a loved one, and for whatever reason – it’s important to change the way you think.
Repeating affirmations daily will help you do this. Pick the affirmations that resonate with you from the list below and repeat them daily.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Someone
- I am ready to move forward with my life.
- I am ready to accept that I have to move on.
- I am ready to put the past behind me and look forward.
- I am ready to make room in my life for someone new.
- I know that when I let go of someone good things will happen for me.
- I am not scared of letting someone go as I know it’s for the best.
- I am grateful for my past relationships and am ready to move on.
- I am open to meeting new people and forming new relationships.
- I learned a lot of past relationships that will aid me in my new relationships.
- I am ready to start a new chapter in my life.
- I will take deep breaths and let go of any stress and worry I have.
- I am willing to go with the flow of life and trust the Lord to guide me.
- I am willing to let go and believe in god’s plan for me.
- I am grateful for everything I have in my life right now.
- The past has no power or control over me.
- The things I have been through will not hold me back.
- I will find love again if I open my heart and let go of the past.
- I cannot hold on to someone who doesn’t want me, it’s not healthy.
- I feel good about the future.
- I am ready to live my life free of the past and by looking forward to new adventures.
- I am grateful for everything I’ve had and currently have in my life.
- I am able to say goodbye to anything halting my spiritual and mental growth.
- I will hold on to the positive memories from the past, and let go of the negative memories.
- The past is behind me, I have to live in the present moment.
- I will not hold on to regrets or things that I can no longer control.
- I will free my spirit to find love and friendships in the future.
Why Is Letting Go of Someone So Difficult?
Letting go of someone is difficult for a number of reasons, but most of these reasons revolve around how our brains work.
We all have a deep need and desire for attachment. It’s how we’ve evolved and survived as human beings, it’s part of our deep inner being.
On the surface of this today, this means forming meaningful friendships that bring us enjoyment, relationships that bring us love, and all the other emotional and spiritual connections that make us feel alive.
Facing a break in that is often too much to handle. Especially if you still have those feelings, while the other person doesn’t.
Or, if someone passes and it’s left you with an empty feeling that you just can’t come to terms with.
Which is why you need to literally change the way you think about these relationships and what “letting go” means to you.
The best way to do this is by using affirmations. By repeating positive affirmations that reinforce it’s ok to let someone go and it’s for the best, you change the way your brain thinks about it.
Literally making it easier to let go of someone. Not only that but enabling you to move forward and make good things happen in your life.
So, pick a few of the best affirmations for you from the list above and start repeating them a few times a day. You’ll see and feel the difference in no time, good luck!
Image credits – Header photo by Gianandrea Villa on Unsplash
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.