Do you have some anxiety or concerns about moving to a new city? I’ve put together a list of affirmations for moving to a new city that will help you shape your thoughts and reality to a more secure place.
First of all, don’t think you’re different or odd if you have fears about moving to a different city.
It’s perfectly normal to have these fears. It’s how you deal with them, and the thoughts you use from this point onwards that will make the difference.
I’ve used affirmations for years to motivate myself, make good things happen in my life, and ultimately shape my present situation to what I’m living now – and it’s exactly how I want it.
I’ve also used affirmations before moving across the country, so I know exactly how you feel and how the right affirmations can help.
Take a look through the list below and pick out some affirmations that fit your situation. Start repeating them to yourself daily until you develop positive thoughts and any anxiety or fears are a distant memory.
Affirmations for Moving to a New City
- I know I will love exploring a new city.
- I’m excited to be living in a new home in a different city.
- Everything I’ve worked for is coming together and moving to a new city is part of it.
- I am grateful for my life and being given the opportunity to move to a new city.
- My new city is safe, exciting, and will present me with new opportunities.
- I know I will meet new people and make new friends in my new city.
- I will miss my friends and family here, but I can call them anytime and speak on the phone.
- My new city is magical and magnificent.
- I’m going to find lots of new and exciting things when I move.
- Moving to a new city is a new chapter in my blessed life.
- Loved ones will be able to visit me, or I can visit home anytime I like.
- A new city will bring new and rich experiences in my life.
- I only listen to positive thoughts.
- My spirit wants adventures and I know I will enjoy it.
- It’s adventures like this that make me stronger.
- I am living in the moment and not holding on to any negative past energy.
- I am calm, content, and looking forward to moving to a new city.
- I have nothing to be fearful of.
- I am on the right path to achieving my goals and dreams.
- I cannot wait to get settled into my new home in a new city.
Related – 26 Affirmations for letting go of someone.
Affirmations for Travel Anxiety
- I am excited and ready to travel.
- I feel good about traveling and know that only good things will happen.
- I am grateful for the life I have, and the opportunity to travel and be healthy.
- I am in charge of how I feel and feel great about traveling.
- I am willing to embrace new challenges, whatever they may be.
- I know that travel enriches my life and introduces me to new adventures and cultures.
- Other people would love to have the travel opportunities I have.
- Traveling is just part of life’s great adventure.
- I allow positive energy from the universe to flow through me.
- Travel gives me the opportunity to grow as a person and learn more about the world.
- I have a lot of love in my heart for the world.
- I am able to draw energy from the world when I see new places.
- Traveling makes me happy and frees my spirit.
- When I look back I see only positive things from my traveling.
- I am able to control my anxiety and fears.
- I will not let anxiety or fear tell me what I can or cannot do.
- I am looking forward to traveling and all the experiences it brings.
Will These Affirmations Really Work?
If you use them correctly, yes they will.
Affirmations work. Don’t just take my word for it, there is scientific evidence to back this up – not to mention endless anecdotal evidence.
In brief, the science is that affirmations can work due to a scientific principle known as neuroplasticity.
Neuroplasticity is the “muscle building” part of our brains. The part where things we do and say make a difference.
If you’re set in your ways and listening to negative thoughts or people around you saying you “can’t” do something, these messages will get written into your thought process.
Affirmations give anyone the opportunity to “rewire” or change our thoughts to the positive thoughts we need to succeed and change our future to what we want it to be.
Why Are Affirmations So Powerful?
The affirmations in this article are so powerful because they are targeted at a specific situation or trend of thoughts – moving to a new city.
By repeating your chosen affirmations daily you will change your conscious and subconscious mind. Changing your behavior, the way you think, and what you think the outcome will be.
It’s incredibly powerful. If you’re new to affirmations I can’t wait for you to start trying them, please let me know how it works out for you.
Have a test coming up? Check out these affirmations for test anxiety.
What Is Neuroplasticity? – BrainWorksNeurotherapy.com
Image credits -Header photo by Wes Hicks on Unsplash
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.