In this post, I’ve put together a list of affirmations for students from teachers for a couple of reasons;
- The first is that teaching is tough, I know this first hard. So, finding good motivational techniques can go a long way to helping both teachers and students succeed.
- The second is that being a student is tough, I also know this first hand! I also know how important and influential the right affirmations can be to personal academic success.
Hopefully, you’ll find the perfect affirmations in these lists for both you and your students.
Affirmations for Students From Teachers
Here are some affirmations to give to your students to repeat either together in class, or in their own time:
- I have a desire to learn something new every day.
- I have a passion for learning and enjoy expanding my knowledge.
- I am a good student and always try my hardest.
- I learn something new every day and am always getting smarter.
- I am well prepared for my tests and will be able to stay calm and do my best.
- I am ready for any tests and will do well.
- Today I did my best and tomorrow I will do even better.
- I am grateful to have the education available to me.
- I am grateful for my teacher trying so hard to help me succeed.
- Everyone around me is helping me to succeed and believe in me.
- Working hard now is planting the seed for success later in life.
- I am always open and willing to learn new things.
- I am clever, I am smart.
- Life is all about learning and growing as a person.
- The harder I try, the easier things will be.
- I have a support network of friends and family if I need them.
Here are some affirmations to say directly to your students:
- You are all brilliant in your own individual ways.
- You all have the talent, knowledge, and dedication to achieve all of your goals.
- Today you learned a lot.
- You always do the very best you can.
- Through dedication and hard work, you will meet all of your academic goals.
- Learning is part of who you are.
- Today was great, tomorrow will be even better.
- Never doubt yourselves, you’re all more than capable of achieving your goals.
- The harder you all try today, the easier tomorrow will be.
Related – Have an exam pending? Check out these affirmations for test anxiety.
Affirmations for Teachers to Use Themselves
- I am making a big difference in the lives of my students.
- I am thankful to have an important, challenging, and rewarding job.
- I take pride in my work and will be successful as a result.
- I am peaceful and calm in the classroom and am always able to give my best.
- I have high professional integrity and always do my best for my students.
- I love my job and get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing my students do well.
- My students respect me and value the work I do.
- I am constantly developing as a teacher and improving.
- I know I am a good teacher.
- My colleagues respect me, and I respect them.
- Every day is going to be better than the previous day.
- Today is going to be the best day I’ve had teaching.
- I teach because I enjoy making a positive impact on my students’.
- I am not alone in this journey.
- I am where I’m supposed to be, I was destined to be a teacher.
Why Affirmations Are Important to Students and Teachers
Using affirmations in the classroom is a technique a lot of teachers have used and seen it help students make improvements academically, socially, and personally.
It helps to create an environment where students support one another and builds confidence. As well as strengthening the relationship between teachers and students.
Using affirmations helps change students’ attitudes, makes them more aware and mindful, and ultimately helps them absorb information better.
Do you have any affirmations you would like to share with the community? Please drop me a message below so I can add them to the list for the benefit of others, thanks.
Image credits – Header photo by Taylor Wilcox on Unsplash