If your boyfriend has a big game coming up, saying the right thing and giving him some words of encouragement will mean the world to him.
Whether it’s an important football game, soccer, or something like poker, it doesn’t matter – if it means a lot to him, I bet it means a lot to you.
Here are some examples of what to say to your boyfriend before his game; from good luck messages to cute, heartfelt ones!
- “I’m really excited for you. You put a lot of effort into getting here, and I have no doubt that you’ll give it your all when the time comes. Every step of the way, I’ll be there in spirit with you!”
- “Good fortune! From the sidelines, I’ll be encouraging you, and I can’t wait to see you and hear all about it after it’s over.”
- “Despite your anxiety, you have everything it takes to succeed today. This is why you’ve worked so hard; it will all be worthwhile, and I have faith in you!”
- “Enjoy yourselves outside! Give it all you’ve got and go show them what you’ve got.”
- “Before your game, I’m sending you plenty of good feelings and great energy. I have faith in your abilities.”
- “You’re going to excel, I have no doubt. I’m extremely proud of you for doing what you always do.”
- “Remain confident in yourself and keep in mind why you enjoy playing this sport. Good luck to you all.”
- “You can do this. Give it your all when you’re out there.”
- “Your fortitude, tenacity, and diligence will see you through today’s game. You are capable of doing it.”
- “Do me proud, please! You’ve prepared for this time; now prove your mettle.”
- “Today, you have every resource you need to succeed. Just remain concentrated and take them out!”
- “Just keep believing in yourself as I believe in you. My confidence in you knows no bounds.”
- “You’ve put so much effort into this, and I have no doubt that you’ll succeed. Best wishes for today!”
- No matter what happens today, know that I’m very proud of you.
- Take a deep breath, maintain your optimistic attitude, and walk outside and enjoy yourself.
- “Allow your assurance to come through. You have my undying love.”
- “Just be cool, stay concentrated, and keep believing in yourself. When you put your mind to it, no one can beat you.”
- “Go be the superstar player we all know you are! Good luck today.”
- “Remember to have fun out there! Stay relaxed and show them what you can do!”
- “You have all the skills and then some to be successful today. Go out there and make it happen!”
- “I’ve watched you training for months for this moment. No one out there works as hard as you or is as talented, go and be you!”
- “I love you and know you’re going to have an awesome game. I feel like I don’t even need to wish you luck, you’ll own it!”
- “I’m sending you lots of love and luck. I’ll be watching from the sidelines and cheering you on.”
- “No one is a bigger cheerleader for you than me. I’m so proud to be your girlfriend and I know how much this game means to you, I’ll be cheering you on.”
- “I’m more excited than you are for this football game. I can’t wait to see you out there on the field showing everyone what you’re capable of!”
Why It’s Important to Wish Your Boyfriend Luck Before His Game
Depending on how anxious and tense your boyfriend is about his upcoming game, it can be tough to know what to say to him to make him feel better.
In my experience, saying something is always going to be better than saying nothing at all – but you still need to tread carefully.
Wishing your boyfriend luck before his game is important for a few reasons.
First of all, it shows that you care about him and the things that are important to him. That’s always important in a relationship.
It can also help to boost his confidence and remind him that you believe in him by hearing some words of encouragement from someone close to him.
This can be especially important if he’s feeling anxious or overwhelmed before the game.
It’s a reminder that you’re in his corner and will be there for him no matter what happens.
Finally, it’s always nice to get a little bit of good luck and positive energy before an important event like this.
Motivational speeches work for a reason; it’s because they make us feel powerful and capable of achieving our goals.
By wishing your boyfriend luck before his game, you are providing him with the same kind of feeling.
So, don’t be afraid to show your support and love for him by telling him you believe in him before his big game!
Image credits – Photo by Isham Fernandez on Unsplash
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.