I decided to put together some comebacks for short people because, well, I’m a little on the short side.
I know what it feels like when a girl calls you short, or someone comments on your height or the same person keeps on bringing up how they’re much taller than you…. I’ve been there.
I wouldn’t say it offends me, because I don’t let things get on my nerves – if I can help it.
But that doesn’t mean it gets any less annoying.
One thing I found, however, is that if I respond with a sarcastic, witty, or different comment, it makes that person think twice about asking again.
Here are some of the best comebacks when someone comments on your size:
- Haven’t you heard? All good things come in small packages.
- Short people hit perfection sooner than tall people, that’s all.
- From my viewpoint, it looks like it sucks to be up there.
- The taller you are, the harder you’ll fall.
- Well, it’s obvious from talking to you that height isn’t linked to maturity.
- You know what? It had never bothered me till today, the view looking up at you is horrible.
- Shouldn’t you be minding your business and looking out for low flying objects?
- It’ll hurt if I kick your shins.
- And you resemble a pole.
- If I wanted to be taller, I’d just wear higher shoes. This is the height I want to be at.
- And your point is……?
- I’d take being short and looking like this over being tall and looking like you any day.
- I’m short? I hadn’t noticed, thanks for pointing that out.
- You’re right, I am short. If I had a badge for observation I’d give it to you.
- Do you struggle to keep comments to yourself?
- Would it surprise you to know you’re not the first person to ever tell me that?
- I am, I was so thankful I stopped growing before I hit your height, phew.
- I prefer the silence in between hearing you talking.
- Yep, that’s one of the reasons why I’m so popular.
- You could have said anything and that’s what you chose to waste your time saying?
- You’re so observant, would you like me to pat you on your back?
- Are you hitting on me? Because you’re definitely not my type, sorry.
Should You Be Polite in Response to Remarks About Your Height?
It’s entirely up to you how you choose to respond when someone is making a comment to you that you don’t like.
It’s up to you to read the situation and get a good understanding of what the most appropriate response is. Unless that is you are just getting really annoyed by these types of comments and want to be rude.
I’d never suggest you be rude, but at the same time, I understand why some people do get annoyed.
There is also some responsibility on the other party not to ask questions that may be sensitive to the person. Like bringing up height, age, weight, and so on.
Personally, I think the best thing you can do is arm yourself with a response or two from the list above, so you can reply quickly and not be embarrassed or stumble on your words.
Related – Witty comebacks about age – I think you’ll like this is age comments are getting on your nerves.
What Do You Say When Someone Comments on Your Height?
Have you come up with any funny replies that have worked well for you over the years?
If so, I’d love to hear about it. As would the rest of the community, I’m sure. Just drop a comment below, I’d appreciate it, thanks.
Image credits – Header image by Product School on Unsplash