I know how tough it can be being a graduate student. I also know how powerful affirmations are. This is why I’ve put together a huge list of affirmations for graduate students in this article.
First of all; congratulations if you’ve earned your bachelor’s degree and are pursuing additional education in your desired field.
You’ve already made huge achievements in your life. Choosing to further your personal development is another huge step, and I’m sure it’s going to pay off by helping you land your dream role.
Pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree takes a lot of work, confidence, and commitment. It’s going to be a tough road ahead.
A lot of graduate students find using affirmations to train their minds and focus positive energy on something as important as their academic studies vital to their success.
From applying to graduates schools to preparing for exams and performing at your best as a person – I hope you find some affirmations below that align with your professional goals:
Affirmations for Applying to Graduate School
Applying to graduate schools can be a nerve-wracking process. Schools like Harvard, Yale, and Stanford have a great deal of prestige.
You are good enough for your school of choice, it’s just a matter of knowing this and putting this down into your application. Here are some affirmations to help with the application process:
- I know the school/university I’m applying for would love to have me there.
- I am more than qualified to attend the school I’m applying for.
- I know this is going to be the start of something great.
- I know that my application will be successful and I will attend the school of my choice.
- I know that when I get into my chosen school I will perform at my best.
- I deserve to get into any school based on my achievements and potential.
- I got myself into this position through dedication and hard work.
- I will be an asset to the school I join for my academic progression.
- I look forward to meeting my new peers and students.
- I can’t wait to receive a positive response from the school I’m applying to.
Positive Affirmations for Graduate Students and Success
- Here are some positive affirmations to help you perform your best in your studies:
- I know I can perform well in my academic studies.
- I welcome any challenges, no matter how difficult they are.
- I look forward to studying and helping my peers and receiving help from them.
- I am excited to face new challenges and learn new things.
- Learning and succeeding are two of the things I do best.
- I know it’s okay to ask others for help if I need it.
- I will always do my best, and I will have the best possible outcome because of it.
- I do my best to be a good role model for others.
- I will always put my studies first and do my best with every piece of work.
- I am always looking to continually improve in both my academic and non-academic studies.
- I deserve everything I have in my life because I worked hard for it.
- I can always find a solution to any problems I come across.
- I don’t give up when things are difficult, I dig deeper and try harder.
- I do not worry about things that are not within my control.
- I have a healthy life balance and take care of my health.
- I am attracting positive things into my life.
- I have the support of friends and family around me.
Positive Affirmations for Graduate Student Exam Success
- I enjoy studying and learning new things.
- I always find a way to retain and understand what I need for my exam preparation.
- I’ve put in the time to study hard, now I will enjoy the benefits.
- When I’m taking my exams the questions will feel familiar to me.
- It comes naturally to me passing exams and receiving good grades.
- I will recall information when answering questions.
- I study hard and always do my best to retain information.
- I do not feel exam stress or anxiety – because I am well prepared.
- I enjoy studying for exams as it makes the exam process so much easier.
- I always perform better in stressful situations.
- I believe in myself and know I will do well in tests and exams.
- I know all of my achievements to date were due to my hard work and talents.
- I love learning about new topics and subjects.
- I am able to achieve any level of academic success I put my mind to.
- I am excited about the future, there are a lot of positive things ahead of me.
Related – 15 Positive affirmations for test anxiety.
How to Use Affirmations as a Graduate Student
If you’re new to affirmations, I’m sure you’re aware of what the law of attraction is and how you can manifest good things to happen in your life.
The science is simple; we all carry thoughts and habits in our subconscious mind. If we keep telling ourselves negative things, then those negative things are likely to happen and will not be a surprise.
But if we tell ourselves positive things, we can achieve higher and greater things than we previously thought possible.
By telling ourselves positive things over and over we can train our subconscious mind to think and believe those thoughts.
Making these positive things – such as getting into your graduate school or choice or passing exams – much more realistic and attainable.
There are many ways you can use affirmations. Most people repeat them daily, usually in the morning and evening. Or throughout the day whenever they have a spare minute.
There is no right or wrong way in regards to how often you use them – but it’s essential that you do repeat them daily as many times as you’re comfortable doing so.
You should have been able to find some affirmations that align with your goals from the lists above. Start repeating them daily to change the way you think, and shape your academic future for the better.
Image credits – Photo by Vasily Koloda on Unsplash