Congratulating anyone on hitting a milestone or recognizing their work anniversary is a great way to acknowledge all of their hard work and commitment.
I’m sure you’ll agree, it always feels good to receive well wishes and congratulations!
This is particularly true when someone has been with the same company for a number of years, and certainly as many as 40 years.
Here are some 40-year work anniversary quotes for those employees who have hit that magnificent and rare 40-year milestone!
25+ 40-Year Work Anniversary Quotes
- Sending you the warmest wishes for your impressive 40th work anniversary!
- I’m sure you’ve had some ups and downs in the last 40 years, but I’m sure it’s been a lot more ups than downs! Congratulations.
- I bet it feels like just yesterday you were the new guy/girl but apparently, it’s been 40 years! Happy 40-year anniversary.
- I bet you never thought you’d still be here 40 years ago, but here we are. Happy 40th anniversary, it’s been a pleasure working with you for a few of those years.
- Just think of all you have accomplished in the past 40 years, here’s to many more happy years.
- Here’s to 40 magnificent years on the job, and I can think of at least 40 reasons why we are happy to have you on the team!
- Happy 40th anniversary! Thank you for all of the contributions you have made in making our company successful over the years.
- Happy 40-year work anniversary, you’re a joy to have around the office and I look forward to spending many more years with you.
- Everybody at work is lucky to have a mentor and friend like you. We wish you a happy anniversary on this epic 40-year milestone, Sir!
- We’re fortunate to have someone with such vast experience here at [company]. As you celebrate your 40th work anniversary, it’s time to reflect on all you’ve given over the years.
- You’re one of the longest-serving employees of [company], you’re like part of the furniture(!), happy 40-year anniversary!
- We sincerely appreciate your hard work and efforts over the years. Thank you for 40 wonderful years of service!
- I personally feel honored to have worked alongside a person who is so humble and down to earth. Thank you for helping me become a better person, have a happy work anniversary!
- People like you are the face of a company. We are proud to have you with us. Wishing you a happy 40th work anniversary.
- The fact that you have been here for 40 years says it all. Thank you for being a reliable, awesome person. Wish you a happy work anniversary!
- Thank you for the time and commitment you have shown the company over the past 40 years. We are so grateful to have loyal employees like you.
- We are proud to have you on our team and offer our congratulations on this 40-year service milestone.
- People like you are what this organization stands for. We are pleased to have you with us. Happy 40th service anniversary!
- Not many people make the milestone of 40 years around here, there must be something special (or stubborn) about you! Either way, happy 40-year work anniversary.
- Congratulations on your service anniversary today! You have been such an important part of our team, we couldn’t imagine our workplace without you.
- We are grateful for your contribution and dedication to our organization over the years. Today, we all celebrate 40 years with us!
- Your commitment to your job over the last 40 years sets an example for others. Wishing you the best work anniversary.
- I’m almost at a loss for words, knowing you’ve been here for 40 years is something special – you deserve all the warm wishes and congratulations in the world.
- Congratulations on reaching the 40-year milestone here at [company]! This day belongs to you, I hope you have a great one.
- You make [company] an awesome place for everyone. We’ve all been much better off for having you here over the last 40 years, happy 40th work anniversary!
Here Is Why It’s so Important to Congratulate Someone on Their 40th Work Anniversary
1 year or 40 years, it’s important to recognize the hard work and dedication of your employees.
Or, just your fellow coworkers.
Thanking someone for their efforts is a great way to show them that you appreciate what they do, and that you value their contribution to the company.
It feels great to be told you’re appreciated, as I’m sure you’ll agree.
While you wouldn’t congratulate someone on their anniversary just to motivate them, the plus side is that it
Plus, it helps to create a positive work environment for everyone.
And, obviously, 40 years at the same company is a huge deal – not many people make it that long with one company.
So don’t forget to celebrate and congratulate your employees on their 40-year work anniversary.
Image credits – depositphotos.com/stock-photo-tasty-cupcake-on-working-place
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.