Are you looking for Gujarati New Year wishes to pass on to a friend?
Maybe you just want to learn more about how the Gujarati New Year is celebrated?
Here’s everything you need to know about this special day in the Vikram Samvat Calendar 2079 system!
Gujarati New Year Wishes
Here are some Gujarati New Year Wishes in Gujarati with the English translation:
- “Bestu Varas ni Hardik Shubhkamanao” – This means “Happy New Year” in Gujarati.
- “Navu Varsh, Navi Asha” – This means “New Year, New Hopes” in Gujarati.
- “Navu Varsh ni Shubhkamnaye” – This means “Best Wishes for the New Year” in Gujarati.
- “Navu Varsh ma Aapnu Aapar Khushi, Aasha, Sukh, Samruddhi ane Saubhagya Aapne Aapar prapt ho” – This means “May the New Year bring you happiness, hope, prosperity, and good fortune” in Gujarati.
If you only speak English, you can simply send or say some simple New Year wishes as follows:
- “Happy New Year”
- “Wishing you a joyful new year”
- “May the new year bring you happiness, hope, prosperity, and good fortune”
- “Here’s to a bright new year”
- “May the new year be filled with blessings and love”
- “Wishing you a new year full of blessings and abundance”
- “May the new year bring you joy, peace, and success”
What to Do on Gujarati New Year?
There are many traditional activities and customs that people of Gujarati heritage typically do to celebrate the Gujarati new year, also known as Bestu Varas or Bestu Varsh.
One common tradition is the exchange of gifts, such as sweets and dry fruits.
Many people also prepare special meals to mark the occasion and decorate their homes with traditional ornaments and lights.
Another important aspect of the celebration is performing puja, or prayer, to Lord Ganesha, the Hindu deity of prosperity and good fortune.
Some people will also visit temples to pray and seek blessings for the new year.
In addition to these activities, many people also participate in cultural events, such as music and dance performances, to mark the occasion.
Importantly, the new year is a time to celebrate with family and friends, and is a very important cultural event for people of Gujarati heritage.
Here are some romantic New Year’s messages for your boyfriend;
Here are some New Year’s messages for your boss and colleagues;
What Is New Year Called in Gujarati?
In the traditional Hindu calendar, the new year in the Gujarati calendar is called Bestu Varas or Bestu Varsh.
These terms literally mean “new year” in the Gujarati language.
When Is Gujarati New Year?
In the traditional Hindu calendar, the new year in the Gujarati calendar falls on the first day of the month of Kartik, which usually corresponds to October or November in the Gregorian calendar.
The exact date of the new year can vary slightly from year to year because the Hindu calendar is based on the lunar cycle.
In 2021, the Gujarati New Year was on the 5th of November, in 2022 the Gujarati New Year was on October 26th, and in 2023 the Gujarati New Year is on November 13th.
Image credits – depositphotos.com/stock-photo-selective-focus-woman-lighting-candle
Phil lives in England, UK, and has around 20 years experience as a professional life, career and executive coach. He started this blog to help others find and define their own self development journey. Blogging about a wide range of topics to help facilitate a better future.